Bastion of Light Wrestling Federation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sorry about this, but...

+10
Aziruf
Vimto
cerano23
Myst
The War Machine
Sinister Minister
Duran West
Fontaine
Tkellionaire
Father Lance Goodison
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm sorry about this, but... Empty I'm sorry about this, but...

Post  Father Lance Goodison Sun 02 Aug 2009, 00:53

I have been thinking pretty hard lately, and I don't think I have much of a choice. I'm sorry about it, as it'll probably come as a surprise to most.

I have now come to a point where it is natural for me to start making changes in my life. I'm no longer a student, and I will get a full time job soon. My current employer has told me that if I apply for a manager position, I am likely to get it, but it means working a lot to fulfill their expectations to me. I've worked so hard on GM'ing, there is no way in hell I'll be able to keep it up with a full time job like that.

I've loved the time as GM of the BLWF, but it has also meant quite a few sacrifices - less exercise, less social time with friends (cut to a minimum lately), no time for hobbies other than TWG, no flexibility in my weeks due to show deadlines, and a boyfriend who's annoyed at me spending all my spare time on a game, rather than something that is more important to me in the long run.

I was thinking of doing one more season for the BLWF, but a good friend of mine said that it would be better to end it right away, and he's right. Knowing that I'll have to fold the federation, I will have zero motivation for working on it during the month to come. In fact, it will only be sad, and it will end in a PPV that will be 100% melancholy - nothing like the action packed shows we've had so far.

I have sent Malice, the GM administrator, a message saying I'm closing the federation. He might delete it in an hour, he might wait until next season break. I don't know. It's depressing to close the BLWF's doors, but I guess that's federation life, as every GM eventually finds himself forced to let go.

When the BLWF closes, I will be quitting the game to focus on other parts of life. Still, I will be around to accept all free breeches, and I will of course be delighted to help you find new employers by vouching for you as first grade federation members. If you apply for a spot in a federation, tell the GM you talk to ask me about you. I will tell him he'd be lucky if he's able to sign you, because truly, he will be! If anyone has pending GM applications, tell me, and I will try to lobby for them to be accepted quickly. That way, some might stick together and keep having fun. These forums will remain until they are somehow deleted on their own accord, so if you have RPs you want to transfer to your computers, there's no rush.

I hate giving you such an abrupt notice like this, but at least now you will have a full week to find a new employer before the next season starts.

Lance
Father Lance Goodison
Father Lance Goodison
General Manager

Number of posts : 1114
Real first name : Ulrik
Registration date : 2008-05-04

http://bastionoflight.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry about this, but... Empty Re: I'm sorry about this, but...

Post  Tkellionaire Sun 02 Aug 2009, 01:05

affraid ... HOLY @#$&! I have been in 4 main feds and they all have shut down as soon as I become champ...

Well good bye guys... dont forget ya boi Wink

Crying or Very sad As much of a shock as it is I always try to throw in that its just a game... Cool

Later Bruhs

TK
Tkellionaire
Tkellionaire
Rookie

Number of posts : 68
Real first name : Terence
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry about this, but... Empty Bye mate

Post  Fontaine Sun 02 Aug 2009, 01:29

I'm in an apathic state right now. All day I have had this bad stomach feeling like something awful would happen. Then I got myself together to log on here and I discover the worst news I have heard in a long time.

Lance I know I have always been a pain in the neck.. But BLWF have been as a second home to me. I would usually come home, grab a bottle of water and log onto our forum. You have truly giving me lots of fun hours by allowing me to be around.

Also I have known you for how long? Over a year by the now? When it comes to RP'ing you have always been my idol. Also the way you always seem so go happy and the way you want everyone to be friends, it's awesome! So I will miss you as a GM, as a RP'er and as a great guy.

I wish you all the best in life and I hope you some day will return to TWG on part time. So I really hope this isn't a goodbye but rather a "see you again some day".

Best Regards
Fontaine
Fontaine
Fontaine
Legend

Number of posts : 557
Real first name : Tobias
Registration date : 2008-10-05

http://www.lolcatbible.com

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry about this, but... Empty Well, I guess this is goodbye?

Post  Duran West Sun 02 Aug 2009, 02:10

Well, I am glad we where at the top of the fed.

It has been great.

Tk is cursed guys. Watch out! HEHEHEHEHEHE

I thought that too, my first fed did the same.

Last edited by Duran West on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 06:03; edited 1 time in total
Duran West
Duran West
Veteran

Number of posts : 297
Real first name : James
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinister Minister Sun 02 Aug 2009, 03:48

I for one saw this coming. I want to thank Lance and Buzzsaw for the enjoyment I've had since the beginning of the year. As to the people, where ya all going, I knew most of ya from ROA, and we all seem to have landed here. So whats next yall.

I ask the the Forums be kept open for a little bit as it has all our RP's in it, and for a sample RP I'm just going to copy and paste from ones that I've used here.
Sinister Minister
Sinister Minister
Veteran

Number of posts : 138
Real first name : Jimmy
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  The War Machine Sun 02 Aug 2009, 04:48

..........., Lance, i have everything to thank you, its been 9 seasons, of fun, hell, nd crazyness, ut you have opened the door to more of the game for me, i have met so many people in the fed, both good and bad, if there is going to be a last time i say anything to ya, thanks for the ride lance
The War Machine
The War Machine
Master of House Shows

Number of posts : 547
Real first name : Tom
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Myst Sun 02 Aug 2009, 10:45

Shit.
Myst
Myst
Veteran

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cerano23 Sun 02 Aug 2009, 12:38

Well, I was some kind of shocked as I read yesterday the post of closing the BLWF. You know with all o you guys, especially Lance and Buzzsaw, who kept the wheels turning, we moved from nowhere to the top with so many unique characters. It was always a pleasuer to work new ideas out and creating from my point of view sensational rp´s with awesome shows.

I came into this fed due an “accident”. My former twg tag partner was in the BLWF and so I just adressed Father Lance if there could be the chance to join and he was so kind to give my a contract for my first fed. From there on I started rp’ing. In the beginning my rp´s on the shows were bad but step by step the quality was going to better. And at least the last 3 season where I had the opportunity to work on a feud with Starlet (actually you Lance), I think it was the best one I had so far and I will always remember it. And even if it´s hard for all of us, it´s better to end it on a climax in stead of carring the emotion by kowing th end is near through a season.

I can just say thank you to you all, thanks to Lance (the best GM on earth) that we/I was a part of this amazing, sometimes crazy, never boring federation of the BLWF. It was always a place called home.

So, Lance, I wish you all the best for your future. You have closed a chapter (maybe with a happy and a sad eye) but now you open a new one. Thanks for all and I hope we all see us again some day. And like Fonty said: it´s just a game…

Best regards
Cerano

PS: Maybe we can arrange a finally goodby BLWF house show?
cerano23
cerano23
Creative Team Member

Number of posts : 129
Real first name : Simon
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Vimto Sun 02 Aug 2009, 13:55

Gutted, to say the least. Hope all goes well for you in the new job Lance.
Vimto
Vimto
Creative Team Member

Number of posts : 149
Real first name : Steven
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Aziruf Sun 02 Aug 2009, 18:27

I can't add anything that wasn't already said ... it was a great pleasure being part of BLWF with you Lance as one of a kind leading us all to the top! It was a good time, but time's a flow that always changes ... so I wish you all the best in you future and I also hope we'll meet each other again some time!
Aziruf
Aziruf
Creative Team Member

Number of posts : 154
Real first name : David
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Quadruple H Sun 02 Aug 2009, 20:21

Myst wrote:Shit.

Myst summed it up well. Shit.

Ever consider signing on another fed, lance? It'll take up far less time than what you've giving as a gm. Everybody'll be sad to see you go.

Good luck in your new position. Keep climbing them ladders.
Quadruple H
Quadruple H
Creative Team Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  smoheh Sun 02 Aug 2009, 20:32

Well, I only spent a season in BLWF, that was my first and last season here, but it was the best season I ever done.

Thanks to all of you for such a great environment here. Very Happy
smoheh
smoheh
Rookie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinister Minister Sun 02 Aug 2009, 23:49

Lance don't quit. Follow us into a fed together. I spend maybe an hour a day if that on TWG a day, with matches and what not. This is not continuous but I do talk to a lot of people if I djust did matcheds it would be more like 30 min. It'd be sad to see ya go.
Sinister Minister
Sinister Minister
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  "The Vampire Arkken Mon 03 Aug 2009, 01:27

The Bastion of Light is where I envisioned Arkken for the rest of his career until his retirement. I was also planning to bring in my alt once I was done with Arkken's career. This is not resentment at all; it just goes to show how good of a federation this was and how proud I was to be a part of it.

I will always be proud of my time here. Thank you, Lance. And all of the other wrestlers I have been involved with, whether it was for beatings of for great roleplays.
I'm sorry about this, but... 1-29
"The Vampire Arkken
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Lance Goodison Mon 03 Aug 2009, 11:44

Thanks a lot for the support, and once again, I'm sorry that this came so abruptly. I hope you find good, new homes for yourselves.

As an RP'er, I would recommend that you do not consider HLW if they offer you contracts. They are trash. Good RP'ers stagnate there, as they have practically no company there, and a GM who does not make an effort to create good shows. You deserve better.
Father Lance Goodison
Father Lance Goodison
General Manager

Number of posts : 1114
Real first name : Ulrik
Registration date : 2008-05-04

http://bastionoflight.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Management Planner Wed 05 Aug 2009, 18:24

Lance

Such upsetting news - but good for your career probably. This was the best fed I've been in (including mine), and it seems such a shame for all your hard work to just disappear.

I hope you stay with TWG though. You've been the inspiration for many people, and to just up sticks and go will make a great many people very sad. Me included Crying or Very sad

I wish you all the best with your future career, and hope to see you around. Take care.

TMP
The Management Planner
The Management Planner
Rookie

Number of posts : 35
Real first name : Arron
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinister Minister Sat 23 Jan 2010, 18:15

Posting in here hoping some of you all read your email. A group of us went to N.W.W.A you all should think about stopping in.

How's everybody doing?
Sinister Minister
Sinister Minister
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Aziruf Fri 26 Mar 2010, 01:06

Hmmm, I nearly finished my Bachelor thesis and after a hell'a'lot of projects I finally regained time off studies and work again. So I'll try to reestablish myself and hope to find some other awesome people who never quit or would also do something together again. Doesn't have to be TWG, could also be a FW League or some of these TNM7 Leagues I find quite interesting by reading through some boards ...

Well, if anyone is still here, maybe the awesomness in all of us will once again join forces and find a place to rule ;-)
Aziruf
Aziruf
Creative Team Member

Number of posts : 154
Real first name : David
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Myst Fri 26 Mar 2010, 12:43

Hi Azi! Very Happy
Myst
Myst
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Vimto Sat 27 Mar 2010, 03:00

still find it strange that i come back here, nothing is ever said yet i return at least twice a week just in case...and finally it might have paid off! (although vimto is dead, in case people haven't noticed, Stevondo is the way of the future!)
Vimto
Vimto
Creative Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Myst Sat 27 Mar 2010, 03:19

Vimmy, being the technician you are, surely you should be able to subscribe to these topics?
Myst
Myst
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Vimto Wed 31 Mar 2010, 20:35

are the majority of people still in whatever fed it is...NCCA? something like that
Vimto
Vimto
Creative Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinister Minister Thu 01 Apr 2010, 01:17

I applied for GM ship, should hear soon if I got it or not. Seemed promising, but I've been chat banned twice so yah. We will see.
Sinister Minister
Sinister Minister
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Myst Thu 01 Apr 2010, 16:34

Me and Font are in NWWA Vim. Sin, Cerano and Buzz left. Also it seems that The Convict just joined.
Myst
Myst
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinister Minister Thu 01 Apr 2010, 18:33

Myst wrote:Also it seems that The Convict just joined.

Glad I'm gone.
Sinister Minister
Sinister Minister
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum